Codfish Salad Recipe
A white fish salad that is light, mildly flavored and clubbed with shitake mushrooms, chicken stock and oyster sauce.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Codfish Salad
- 1 piece of codfish or any white fish
- 1/4 cup snow fungus mushrooms - soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 1 fresh lotus leaf
- 1 parchment paper
- 1/4 cup chopped shitake mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp chicken stock
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chicken powder
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Chinese wine
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch-dissolved in water
How to Make Codfish SaladHideShow Media
1. Cut the lotus leaf into half , blanch and keep aside.
2. To prepare the sauce, heat vegetable oil in a pan. Add shitake mushrooms, Chinese wine, salt, sugar, chicken powder, chicken stock, oyster sauce, snow fungus mushrooms and let it simmer.
3. In the end put corn starch and cook for some more time.
4. In a separate bowl, marinate the fish with cornstarch and add half a tsp each of salt, sugar and chicken powder. Keep aside.
5. Now pat dry the lotus leaf and arrange it in a bowl.
6. Lay parchment paper on top of it and put the fish in the centre.
7. Finally, pour the sauce on the fish and wrap the leaf around it in the shape of a basket.
8. Now, steam it for 12 minutes or till done.
9. Unfold the lotus leaf and the parchment paper.
10. Codfish salad is ready to eat.