Coronation Chicken Recipe
How to make Coronation Chicken
About Coronation ChickenThe Coronation Chicken recipe combines cold chicken meat with tomato puree, mayonnaise and herbs, which can be eaten as a salad or as a sandwich filler.
- Total Cook Time 45 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Coronation Chicken
- 60 gm roast chicken pieces or boneless chicken fried in 1 Tbsp oil
- To make Coronation Sauce:
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp madras curry paste
- A pinch of allspice (optional)
- 1 dried apricot, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp shop bought mango chutney
- A dash of lemon juice
- A sprig of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp of thick cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
How to Make Coronation ChickenHideShow Media
Mix all ingredients for the coronation sauce together then add the chicken.
Serve cold with cripsy green salad or hot crusty Garlic Bread. The coronation chicken can be served as sandwich filler also.