How to make dahi kanji
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Dahi Kanji that resembles North Indian kadhi is an authentic Odia dish made by using curd and is perfect for any kind of occasion.
Ingredients of Dahi Kanji
- 1 and 1/2 Cup Rice water/plain water
- 2 tbsp Soaked rice
- to taste Salt
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 cup Chopped veggies
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 cup Gram flour
- A pinch of Hing
- For Seasoning :
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 3-4 Curry leaves
How to Make Dahi Kanji
- 1.Take a vessel and add rice water/plain water, turmeric and salt. Add all the veggies and bring it to boil.
- 2.In a separate container, add curd, gram flour, turmeric and water. Mix well.
- 3.Add crushed pepper powder. Now add this curd mixture into the boiled vegetable pan. Add chopped ginger and hing water.
- 4.For tadka, add curry leaves, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds in hot oil.
- 5.Add this tadka to the vegetable and curd mixture. Stir for 5-10 minutes.
- 6.Serve hot with chapatis or steamed rice.
Chopped veggies include brinjal, papaya, raw pumpkin and arbi. You can choose any vegetables according to your choice.
Key Ingredients: Soaked rice , Salt, Turmeric, Black Pepper powder, Chopped veggies, Curd, Gram flour, Hing, For Seasoning :, Ghee, Mustard Seeds, Cumin seeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Curry leaves