Gosht Ka Achaar Recipe
Ever thought of mutton being pickled? Here we have the tang, spice and acetous sourness of achaar playing well with juicy meat.
Ingredients of Gosht Ka Achaar
- 2 kg mutton, cut into curry style pieces
- 60 gm garlic, peeled and pounded
- 60 gm ginger, peeled and chopped
- 60 gm garam masala
- 60 gm mustard powder
- 1 cup red chilli powder or as required
- 1/3 cup salt
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup mustard oil
How to Make Gosht Ka Achaar
- Place the oil to heat in a large kadahi or pan
- Keep the heat on high
- Add ginger and garlic
- Stir fry till light golden brown.
- Add meat and continue stirring over high heat
- Lower the heat and cook covered till the meat is tender.
- Uncover and cook over high heat till fat separates.
- Add the powdered spices, salt and mix well
- Cook again over high heat, then add vinegar.
- Let it come to a boil, then turn off the heat.
- Let it cool down completely.
- Transfer to a sterilized glass canning jar and store it in the refrigerator