How to make Mulled Wine
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Beautiful composition of red wine, savoury flavours, lemon and orange, creating a warm, delicious drink.
Ingredients of Mulled Wine
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 60 gms castor sugar
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 fresh bay leaves
- 1 tsp whole vanilla essence
- 1 red wine bottle
How to Make Mulled Wine
- 1.Put the castor sugar in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- 2.Peel large sections of peel from your oranges, lemon and lime using a speed peeler.
- 3.Add the cloves, cinnamon stick and bay leaves.
- 4.Add the pieces of peel and squeeze in the juice.
- 5.Put vanilla essence and stir in just enough red wine to cover the sugar.
- 6.Let this simmer until the sugar has completely dissolved into the red wine and add more wine.
- 7.Bring the mixture to boil.
- 8.Keep on a rolling boil for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until you have got a beautiful thick syrup.
- 9.When the syrup is ready turn the heat down to low.
- 10.When it is warm and delicious, ladle it into glasses and serve.
Key Ingredients: oranges, lemon, castor sugar, whole cloves, cinnamon stick, fresh bay leaves, whole vanilla essence, red wine bottle