Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Aboout Mulled Wine Recipe: Beautiful composition of red wine, savoury flavours, lemon and orange, creating a warm, delicious drink for the Christmas festivities.
Ingredients of Mulled Wine
- 2 Oranges
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 60 gms castor sugar
- 5 Whole cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 3 Fresh bay leaves
- 1 tsp whole vanilla essence
- 1 Red wine bottle
How to Make Mulled Wine
- 1.Put the castor sugar in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- 2.Peel large sections of orange and lemon peel using a speed peeler.
- 3.Add cloves, cinnamon stick and bay leaves to te castor sugar.
- 4.Add the pieces of peel and squeeze in the juice.
- 5.Put vanilla essence and stir in just enough red wine to cover the sugar.
- 6.Let this simmer until the sugar has completely dissolved into the red wine and add more wine.
- 7.Bring the mixture to boil.
- 8.Keep on a rolling boil for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until you have got a beautiful thick syrup.
- 9.When the syrup is ready turn the heat down to low.
- 10.When it is warm and delicious, ladle it into glasses and serve.
Key Ingredients: Oranges, lemon, castor sugar, Whole cloves, Cinnamon stick, Fresh bay leaves, whole vanilla essence, Red wine bottle