Mussels in Beer, Cream and Garlic Sauce Recipe
Mussels cooked in a luscious beer, cream and garlic mix.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
Ingredients of Mussels in Beer, Cream and Garlic Sauce
- 1 kg mussels cleaned
- 1/2 pint of light beer
- 1 tsp of butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- Salt to taste (optional)**
- ** Note: If the mussels are fresh from the sea, no salt is required, else add salt to taste.
How to Make Mussels in Beer, Cream and Garlic SauceHideShow Media
Heat a large thick bottomed pan, put in all the mussels, beer, onions and garlic.
Cover and let the mussels cook on medium heat, in their own juice till they begin to open.
Then add the cream, cover it and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes.
Gently stir the lemon juice and parsley.
Serve hot with fresh bread to mop up the juice.