Pineapple Halwa Recipe
How to make Pineapple Halwa
Saffron is added to a cooked mixture of cottage or ricotta cheese and pineapple to make a tasty halwa.
- Total Cook Time 25 mins 30 seconds
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins 30 seconds
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Pineapple Halwa
- 250 gm crushed paneer or ricotta cheese
- 450 gm canned pineapple - crushed
- 60 gm sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- A pinch of saffron
- Few drops of yellow food color (optional)
- Pistachios - sliced
How to Make Pineapple HalwaHideShow Media
Mix the cheese, ghee and crushed pineapple in a pan and bring to a boil.
Once it starts to bubble, add the yellow food color.
Cover and let it cook on medium till the water evaporates.
Add the sugar and saffron and saute it for 5-10 minutes or till it leaves the sides of the pan.
Transfer on to a serving dish and garnish with chopped pistachios.