How to make Salted Caramel Sauce
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Salted Caramel Sauce Recipe: One of the most desirable ice cream toppings made at home in a matter of minutes. Finger licking delicious, this salted caramel sauce recipe cannot go wrong!
Ingredients of Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- A pinch of salt (fleur de sel)
How to Make Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1.In a heavy bottomed pan add 1 cup sugar. Start stirring with a whisk, keeping the flame on medium.
- 2.Keep stirring for about 7-10 minutes or till the sugar has completely changed from solid granules to a thick syrup. Let it change color from light golden to dark honey-amber color.
- 3.Now turn off the heat and add butter, stir continuously till the butter melts completely.
- 4.Add the cream, stir continuously till it has blended nicely and thickens.
- 5.Add a pinch of fleur de se or in case you are using normal table salt, add atleast 2 pinches
- 6.Mix well. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes.
- 7.Pour in a container and store.
- 8.Pour over ice creams, custards and cakes as a topping.
Key Ingredients: granulated sugar, butter, cream, salt (fleur de sel)