Shahi Tukda Recipe
How to make Shahi Tukda
About Shahi Tukda Recipe: A bread and milk based dessert, very popular in Mughlai cuisine. You can make this delicious dessert recipe at home very easily!
- Total Cook Time1 hr 10 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Shahi Tukda
- 4 slices Large white bread (edges trimmed off)
- Ghee (clarified butter) for deep-frying
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- Rabri (made of 1/2 kg milk)
- 1 tsp gulab jal (rose water)
- 1/2 cup malai (clotted cream) or thick cream
- Vark (silver leaves, optional)
- For garnish:
- 2 tbsp almonds (slivered), blanched
- 2 tbsp pistachios (slivered), blanched
- Few rose petals (optional)
- Few kesar strands (saffron)
How to Make Shahi TukdaHideShow Media
Cut the bread slices into half, lengthwise, and deep fry in hot ghee, till crisp.
Dissolve the sugar in the milk and bring to a boil, and keep aside till cool enough to handle.
Dip the bread in the milk and sugar solution, and arrange the pieces in a serving dish, in one layer.
Mix the rose water in the `rabri' and spoon it over the bread slices, to cover all of them.
Spoon the malai or cream over the center of each slice.
Garnish the vark over this, in case you are using it.
Garnish with almonds, pistachios, rose petals and the saffron strands. Serve hot or chilled.