How to make Shahi Tukda
About Shahi Tukda Recipe: A bread and milk based dessert, very popular in Mughlai cuisine. You can make this delicious dessert recipe at home very easily!
Ingredients of Shahi Tukda
- 4 slices Large White bread (edges trimmed off)
- Ghee (clarified butter) for deep-frying
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- Rabri (made of 1/2 kg milk)
- 1 tsp Gulab jal (rose water)
- 1/2 Cup Malai (clotted cream) or thick cream
- Vark (silver leaves, optional)
- For garnish:
- 2 Tbsp Almonds (slivered), blanched
- 2 Tbsp Pistachios (slivered), blanched
- Few Rose petals (optional)
- Few Kesar strands (saffron)
How to Make Shahi Tukda
- 1.Cut the bread slices into half, lengthwise, and deep fry in hot ghee, till crisp.
- 2.Dissolve the sugar in the milk and bring to a boil, and keep aside till cool enough to handle.
- 3.Dip the bread in the milk and sugar solution, and arrange the pieces in a serving dish, in one layer.
- 4.Mix the rose water in the `rabri' and spoon it over the bread slices, to cover all of them.
- 5.Spoon the malai or cream over the center of each slice.
- 6.Garnish the vark over this, in case you are using it.
- 7.Garnish with almonds, pistachios, rose petals and the saffron strands. Serve hot or chilled.
Key Ingredients: White bread (edges trimmed off), Ghee (clarified butter) for deep-frying, Sugar, Milk, Rabri (made of 1/2 kg milk), Gulab jal (rose water), Malai (clotted cream) or thick cream, Vark (silver leaves, optional), Almonds (slivered), Pistachios (slivered), Rose petals (optional), Kesar strands (saffron)