How To Make Spiced Lamb Shank With Chocolate Jus
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Spiced Lamb Shank With Chocolate Jus Recipe: A delicious, juicy lamb delicacy with a comforting chocolatey sauce!
Ingredients of Spiced Lamb Shank With Chocolate Jus
- 4 Lamb shanks
- to taste kosher salt
- 2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oi
- 40 gms butter
- 2 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots (medium, peeled), finely chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 gram cinnamon stick
- 4 gram cloves
- Few rosemary sprigs
- 200 ml grape juice
- 45 gms chocolate
- 300 ml lamb stock
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- Potato mash (as required)
- Kidney bean mash (as required)
- Green pea mash (as required)
How to Make Spiced Lamb Shank With Chocolate Jus
- 1.Preheat oven to 160°C.
- 2.Season lamb shanks with salt, pepper, garlic, cinnamon, rosemary, and clove and sear the shanks in a hot griddle sealing all the sides.
- 3.In a pan, place the lamb shank and add grape juice, lamb stock, onion, carrot, tomato paste, and butter. Cover with a foil and cook it for 90 minutes.
- 4.Remove the lamb from the stock and keep aside.
- 5.With the remaining stock, add grated chocolate, and bring to a sauce-consistency by finishing with butter.
- 6.Place the lamb shank in a plate or a wooden board, and place the mash on side.
- 7.Finish it with dark chocolate jus over lamb shank.
- 8.Garnish as desired. Serve hot with country loaf.
Key Ingredients: Lamb shanks, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, extra-virgin olive oi, butter, onion, carrots (medium, peeled), garlic cloves (minced), tomato paste, cinnamon stick, cloves, Few rosemary sprigs, grape juice, chocolate, lamb stock, tomato sauce, Potato mash (as required), Kidney bean mash (as required), Green pea mash (as required)