How to make Stone Fruit Crumble
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
Beautiful plums, peaches, mixed fruits, berries and chopped dates cooked with cinnamon and red wine, sprinkled with crumble and baked.
Ingredients of Stone Fruit Crumble
- 3-4 plums
- 2-3 peaches
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp red wine
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 cup mixed dried berries
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- For the crumble:
- 80 gms cornflakes
- 80 gms oatmeal
- 100 gms white flour (maida)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 60 gms butter (softened)
How to Make Stone Fruit Crumble
- 1.In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the crumble thoroughly.
- 2.Cut the plums and peaches into cubes and put in a bowl.
- 3.In a hot pan melt brown sugar with red wine.
- 4.To this add a cinnamon stick and star anise.
- 5.Add the mixed fruits, berries and chopped dates into the hot pan and let it cook.
- 6.Cover the pan and let the fruits cook for a few minutes till soft but not mushy.
- 7.Put the stewed fruits in a baking dish and chill in the refrigerator for 5-7 minutes.
- 8.Remove and sprinkle the crumble over the fruits.
- 9.Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- 10.Garnish with mint leaves and serve hot or cold.
Key Ingredients: plums, peaches, brown sugar, red wine, cinnamon stick, star anise, mixed dried berries, pitted dates, cornflakes, oatmeal, white flour (maida), salt, brown sugar, butter (softened)