Tofu with Spinach in Black Pepper Sauce Recipe
How to make Tofu with Spinach in Black Pepper Sauce
Silken cubes of tofu stir-fried in mild spices and served on a bed of spinach leaves drizzled with a peppery sauce.
- Total Cook Time 25 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Tofu with Spinach in Black Pepper Sauce
- 200 gm cubes tofu
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts (optional)
How to Make Tofu with Spinach in Black Pepper SauceHideShow Media
Heat oil in a wok over high heat.
Add bell peppers, ginger, garlic and saute until peppers just begin to soften, about 2 minutes.
Add tofu and green onions. Toss for about 2 minutes.
Next add soy sauce, lime juice and red pepper. Toss to blend for about 1 minute.
Add spinach in 3 additions, tossing until beginning to wilt, about 1 minute for each addition.
Mix in the basil.
Season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle peanuts over (optional).