How To Make Urad Chana Dal Soup
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Urad Chana Dal Soup Recipe: A high-protein, comforting bowl of soup that is perfect for all seasons!
Ingredients of Urad Chana Dal Soup
- 1 Cup urad dal
- 1 cup chana dal
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- to taste salt
- to taste black pepper powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
How to Make Urad Chana Dal Soup
- 1.Soak urad dal and chana dal together in water for at least one hour.
- 2.In a pressure cooker, saute onion and tomato, add the dals, and pressure cook the dals with salt. When cooked properly, let it cool down a bit and grind in a mixer/blender to make smooth paste.
- 3.In a pan, heat some ghee. Saute garlic and ginger. Add the dal paste and season with salt, green chilli and black pepper powder. Add some water and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- 4.Add garam masala and mix well. Garnish with some chilli flakes (optional). Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: urad dal, chana dal, onion, tomato, garlic, ginger, green chilli, salt, black pepper powder, garam masala powder