Story ProgressBack to home
Vegan Tofu Cigar Recipe
How to make vegan tofu cigar
Do you think plant based dishes are boring? Well, not anymore! This vegan tofu recipe is made from silken tofu along with crunchy veggies and hoisin sauce, lime juice and many other delicious ingredients.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 20 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
- Recipe Servings1
Ingredients of Vegan Tofu Cigar
- 1 sheet Rice Paper Roll
- 50 gram Silken Tofu (thin strips)
- 10 gram Japanese Cucumber (Juliennes)
- 10 gram Scallions (stalks)
- 10 gram Carrot (Juliennes)
- 10 gram Fresh Coriander Stalks
- 10 gram Celery (Juliennes)
- 1 leaf Fresh Lettuce Leaves (Romaine)
- 10 gram Fresh Mint Leaves
- 10 gram Beans Sprouts
- 20 gram Glass Noodles (for Nest)
- 2 Kafir Lime Leaves
- 10 gram Salted Peanuts (Crushed)
- 100 ml Oil (frying noodle for nest)
- For Dipping Sauce
- 50 ml Hoisin Sauce
- 10 ml Lime Juice
- 10 gram Palm Sugar
- 2 gram Bird Eye Chili (Crushed)
- 5 gram Lemongrass (fine chopped)
How to Make Vegan Tofu CigarHideShow Media
Fill a large bowl with warm water. The bowl does not need to be large enough to fit the whole rice paper in one go.
Submerge the rice papers into the water for 3-5 seconds.
Take it out from the water and start placing tofu, Cucumber, Scallions, Carrot, Fresh Coriander Stalks, Celery Juliennes, Fresh Lettuce leave, Beans Sprout and Fresh Mint leaves.
Fold the left and right edges of the rice paper in, then starting from the bottom, then keep rolling firmly.
Serve immediately with the Hoisin Lime Dipping sauce.
For Dipping Sauce
Take a bowl, mix all the ingredients well, keep in a refrigerator for 30 minutes and serve with Vegan Tofu Cigar.