Recipe of Aubergine Masala with Sweet Potato Mash
Recipe Servings: 4
A gourmet dish by a master chef combines the unique flavors of aubergine and sweet potatoes.
- 5 sweet potatoes
- 1 kg aubergine (preferably long ones)
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 5 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 3 cloves
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 10 green chillies, chopped
- 8 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 kg yogurt
- 4 Tbsp soft paneer
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 cup single fat cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 3 medium-sized green onions, chopped
How to Make Aubergine Masala with Sweet Potato Mash
- Put sweet potatoes on to boil. Slice the aubergine in long strips.
- Add cooking oil in pan and add spices. Once the spices are cooked, add in the red chilli powder and salt.
- In a separate pan, sear the aubergine strips.
- Add in fresh coriander and green chillies, and then the tomatoes, as well as the yogurt and soft paneer.
- Add stock and reduce the sauce.
- Once the sauce is ready, sieve and reserve some masala for the aubergine.
- Once sweet potatoes have boiled and are cooked all the way through, mash well.
- Add cream, milk, olive oil, lemon juice, brown sugar, red chilli powder and some green onions and salt. Mix well.
- Plate up with a layering of mashed sweet potato and aubergine strips with a drizzle of the sauce and the masala reserved earlier.
Key Ingredients: potatoes
, lemon juice
, mint leaves
, red chilli
, coriander seeds
, black pepper
, cumin seeds
, coriander leaves
, green chillies
, brown sugar
, olive oil
, cottage cheese