Caprese Salad with Pesto Sauce Recipe
Recipe Servings: 2
Juicy tomato and mozzarella cheese salad with pesto sauce. Topped with the freshness of basil.
Ingredients of Caprese Salad with Pesto Sauce
- For Salad:
- 2 Tomatoes
- Handful of Tulsi
- 1 packet Buffalo Mozzarella
- For Pesto Sauce:
- Handful of Basil
- 1 cup Pine nuts
- 1 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of half a Lemon
How to Make Caprese Salad with Pesto Sauce
- Salad Recipe:
- Cut 2 juicy tomatoes in thick rounds and dress them with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil, some salt and pepper.
- Break Mozzarella into chunks.
- On a serving platter, arrange the tomato slices along with the mozzarella chunks.
- Garnish with tulsi and pesto sauce.
- Pesto Sauce:
- Blend the basil with pine nuts, Parmesan cheese with extra virgin olive oil, until it forms a paste.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice.
- If the paste is too thick, add in more extra virgin olive oil to reach the desired consistency.