Story ProgressBack to home
Pesto Sauce Recipe
Classic pesto recipe with basil, pine nuts, garlic, cheese and olive oil. The refreshing flavour can turn around any dish.
- Total Cook Time 25 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
Ingredients of Pesto Sauce
- 3 bunches of small-leafed basil
- 1 clove garlic (or more, according to taste)
- 1 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 Tbsp freshly grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 bsp extra-virgin olive oil
- A pinch of salt
How to Make Pesto SauceHideShow Media
Wash the basil and dry it carefully with a paper towel.
Remove the stalks and start to crush in the mortar along with the garlic, pine nuts and salt.
Once you get a thick paste gradually grind in the cheese.
Finally whisk in the oil until you have reached your desired consistency