How to make Thai Pomelo Salad
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
A summer special, pomelo adds a freshness to your salad. The tomatoes and scallions balance the sourness of the fruit and the peanuts sprinkled on top adds a layer of crunch in the salad
Ingredients of Thai Pomelo Salad
- 2 Cups Pomelo
- 1 Cup Cherry tomatoes
- 2 Scallions
- 1 Bunch Fresh cilantro
- For the Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 1/2 Garlic clove , grated
- 1/2 tsp Chili flakes
- 1/3 Cup Dry roasted peanuts (optional), unsalted
How to Make Thai Pomelo Salad
- 1.Peel the pomelo as you would an orange, keeping only the flesh (as whole as possible) without any membranes.
- 2.Half or quarter the cherry tomatoes, slice the scallions and the whole cilantro bunch -
- 3.Toss together with the pomelo.
- 4.Combine the ingredients for the dressing and pour over the salad.
- 5.Toss well but be careful not to break the pomelo too much.
- 6.Before serving, you can sprinkle the unsalted roasted peanuts - slightly crushed over the salad. It brings a certain balance to the dish.
Key Ingredients: Pomelo, Cherry tomatoes, Scallions, Fresh cilantro, Brown sugar, Rice vinegar, Fish sauce, Lime (juiced), Garlic clove , Chili flakes, Dry roasted peanuts (optional)