Churros with Chocolate Sauce
Crispy, fried flour sticks wrapped in castor sugar and cinnamon powder. Served with chocolate sauce.
- 125 gms plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 50 gms caster sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Canola oil for deep frying
For chocolate sauce:
- 50 gms dark chocolate
- 75 gms milk chocolate
- 150 ml fresh cream
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Sieve the flour; add baking powder and olive oil.
Pour hot water in the flour and mix until it reaches a sticky consistency.
- Rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Heat the canola oil for deep frying.
- Transfer the dough into a piping bag.
- Squeeze out small pieces into the hot oil, snipping them with a pair of scissors.
- Deep fry the churros until golden brown. Drain out excess oil from the churros.
- In a bowl mix caster sugar and cinnamon powder. Toss the churros in the cinnamon powder until evenly coated.
For Chocolate Sauce:
- In a double boiler melt dark chocolate, milk chocolate, fresh cream and honey. Mix well to make a smooth sauce .
- Plate the Churros with Chocolate Sauce and serve.