A quick and easy snack. your favorite veggies deep fried and served with chutney.
- 1 cup vegetables - cut thinly
- 2 Tbsp maida
- 4 Tbsp soojee
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- Water, as required
- Oil to deep fry
- Wipe the vegetables dry with a cloth.
- Mix the soojee, salt, chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste and add enough water to make into a pouring consistency - when you drop it from a spoon it should pour in a continuous line.
- Dust the vegetables lightly, with maida, shaking off any excess.
- Heat the oil, dip vegetables into the batter and place into the hot oil.
- Turn, fry for a few seconds and remove from oil and keep aside on an absorbent paper.
- Just before serving, fry once again over high heat, drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with a chutney.