Fish in Red Wine Butter Sauce Recipe
Recipe Servings: 2
Vicky Ratnani makes a perfect red snapper in a simple but elegant red wine and butter sauce. Fish tastes better in wine and butter, doesn't it?
Ingredients of Fish in Red Wine Butter Sauce
- For the fish:
- 1 fillet red snapper
- Olive oil
For the red wine butter sauce:
- 1/2 liter red wine
- Few sprigs, thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- Sugar, a pinch
- 1 tsp mustard sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Thyme, to garnish
- Reduced balsamic vinegar, to garnish
How to Make Fish in Red Wine Butter Sauce
- Marinate the fillet with some salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Pan fry it in a tsp of olive oil for a minute or two on each side.
- In a heavy bottomed pan add 1/2 liter red wine. Add thyme, bay leaf, sugar and mustard sauce. Let it reduce.
- Once the sauce starts to reduce add butter and whisk it. Let it simmer.
- Place the pan fried fish fillets on a plate. Pour over some red wine sauce and reduced balsamic vinegar. Garnish with some thyme.