How to make Fish with Jamun Sauce
About Fish with Jamun Sauce Recipe: A simple recipe, which is the perfect treat for hot summer afternoon. You need to use fresh fish fillet of pomfret or any other white fish, season it mildly and then pan fry.
Ingredients of Fish with Jamun Sauce
- 1 Kg jamun
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp chilli
- 6 Garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp cumin (powdered)
- 300 gms fish fillet (pomfret (or any white fish)
- 1/2 cup semolina
- to taste salt
- Wilted spinach
How to Make Fish with Jamun Sauce
- 1.Deseed and chop up the jamuns, as small as you can.Place them in a saucepan, with the sugar and a cup of room temperature water, and bring to a boil.
- 2.Once it all comes to a boil, turn down the heat and cook for fifteen minutes, until you feel that the fruit has softened.
- 3.Cool until it is room temperature, then pour it all in your mixer.In the meantime, rinse out the saucepan thoroughly. Pour the Jamun mixture back into the saucepan, adding in the spices and garlic, and reduce for about two hours, until it thickens considerably.
- 4.Let it cool, then season with salt, and set aside.Dredge the fish through the semolina, and pan fry until crisp and golden on both sides.
- 5.Season, and then serve with the jamun sauce, and wilted spinach.
Key Ingredients: jamun, sugar, chilli, Garlic cloves (minced), cumin (powdered), fish fillet (pomfret (or any white fish), semolina, salt, Wilted spinach