Ginger Garlic Chicken
Recipe Servings: 4
Cornflour coated chicken fried and then mingled with a tangy tomato-soy sauce.
- 1 chicken-cut up into small pieces, (about 16)
- 2 Tbsp cornflour
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 large onion-sliced finely
- 2 Tbsp grated ginger
- 10 cloves garlic-finely chopped
For the Sauce:
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Wash chicken pieces and wipe dry.
- Put these and cornflour into a paper or plastic bag and shake well to coat chicken well.
- Remove and dust off the excess flour and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a kadahi.
- Add chicken pieces first over high heat then lower the heat and fry till golden and cooked through.
- Drain well and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add sliced onion, ginger and garlic, and stir fry till onion is transparent.
- Add chicken, turn around a few times and then add the mixed sauce ingredients.
- Stir fry till the sauce thickens a bit and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: chicken
, vegetable oil
, soya sauce
, tomato puree
, black pepper