Gratin of Potatoes with Garlic Cream
Recipe Servings: 4
Layers of thinly slices seasoned potatoes and cheese, baked golden brown.
- 3-4 potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 20 ml cream
- 10 gm gruyere cheese
- 15 gm cheddar cheese
- 10 gm parmesan cheese
- 10 gm butter
- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- Keep them covered with water.
- Reduce the cream along with the garlic, a pinch of rosemary and thyme to about half.
- Grate the cheeses and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- In a well greased baking dish, layer the potatoes neatly.
- Sprinkle the cheeses and some of the reduced cream.
- Top with another layer of potatoes followed by the cheeses and cream until it is almost full.
- Dot with butter and bake for 25 minutes at 180°C or until the potatoes are cooked and the surface is a beautiful golden brown.
Key Ingredients: Potatoes
, cheddar cheese
, parmesan cheese
, gruyere cheese
, black pepper