Recipe of Hari Mirch Keema
Recipe Servings: 4
Chicken mince cooked with green chillies, garlic, ginger, onions and yogurt. Served inside a papad case lined with butter.
- 1/2 kg chicken mince
- 60 ml yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 50-100 gm ghee/oil
- 3 sliced onions
- 125 gm split and deseeded green chillies
- 2 largely cut onions
- 25 gm shredded garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped coriander
- 3 large poppadums
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
How to Make Hari Mirch Keema
- Combine yoghurt, salt, turmeric, cumin seeds and minced meat.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook sliced onions until brown in color. Add the minced mixture.
- Pour about 400 ml of water. Simmer until the water is half reduced.
- Add green chilli, onion chunks and garlic.
- Continue cooking until all the liquid evaporates and meat is tender.
- Garnish with lime juice and coriander.
To make poppadum case:
- Dip the poppadum in water for a few seconds and line into an oiled dish.
- Brush with melted butter and bake at 170 degrees c for 20 minutes.
- Serve the cooked mince in the poppadum case.