Hazelnut Asian Lettuce Wrap
Recipe Servings: 2
Chicken cooked in zesty sauce with hazelnuts, coleslaw and wrapped up in romaine leaves.
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 750 gm chicken - minced
- 2 tsp garlic - fresh, minced
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup hoisen sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp ginger - fresh, minced
- 1 Tbsp rice wine or white vinegar
- 1 cup hazelnuts - toasted
- 4 cups coleslaw mix - cabbage and carrot blend
- 1/2 cup green onions - sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves - packed
- 2 romaine leaves - trimmed
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and garlic and saute for 8 to 10 minutes until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Mix orange juice, hoisen sauce, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar and 1/3 cup of hazelnuts in a blender to form a puree.
- Pour sauce over chicken and add coleslaw, green onions, cilantro and remaining hazelnuts.
- Mix until blended. Spoon on romaine leaves and serve.
Key Ingredients: chicken
, vegetable oil
, hoisin sauce
, soya sauce
, white wine vinegar, coriander leaves