Recipe Servings: 4
A delectable Konkan curry with coconut, toor dal, vegetables and triphala.
Ingredients of Khatkhate
- 50 gm pigeon peas (Toor Dal)
- 50 gm green peas
- 1 cup water
- Desired vegetables in desired proportions
- 1/2 grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 red chillies
- 1 small piece of tamarind
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp jaggery
- 6 pieces triphala
How to Make Khatkhate
- Soak pigeon peas (dal) in water for half an hour.
- Put water, dal and green peas in pan and place on fire. Cover and leave for 10 minutes.
- Now put the vegetables in the pan in the order of their tenderness, with the hardest going in first. Cook till vegetables get soft.
- Grind coconut, turmeric powder, red chillies and tamarind to a paste.
- Add paste to the boiled vegetables in the pan.
- Add salt and jaggery. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add flattened triphala.
- Khatkhate is ready. Serve as it is or with rice.