Kishmish Korma Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Lamb cooked with plums, raisins and saffron. A delectable dish that goes perfect with some crisp rotis or steamed rice.
Ingredients of Kishmish Korma
- 600 gm hind leg of lamb- cut into cubes
- 10 green cardamoms
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 cup pure ghee
- 3 cloves
- 4 cups water
- Salt to taste
- 3 Tbsp garlic water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp tamarind- boiled in 4 tbsp water, extract
- 1/4 tsp saffron-ground and added to 1 tbsp warm water
- 1 cups raisins- fried until plump
How to Make Kishmish Korma
- Add the meat to boiling water and boil for a minute. Drain the water and keep aside.
- In a shallow pan, add the blanched meat, green cardamoms, cinnamon sticks, pure ghee and cloves. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in the water and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil and add the garlic water, sugar and tamarind extract.
- Cook until the meat is tender and no water remains.
- Add the saffron and raisins.
- Mix well and heat through.
Key Ingredients: lamb meat
, green cardamom
, clarified butter
, tarmarind, saffron