Recipe of Masala Cheese French Toast
Recipe Servings: 5
Give the classic French toast a spicy twist by coating the bread in a mixture of herbs added in the egg batter and a mixture of sauces along with cheese.
- 3 Tbsp chilli tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 slices white or brown bread
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 egg whites
- 1 spring onion
- 2 green chillies
- A few coriander leaves
- 2-3 leaves basil
- Chives, a small bunch
- Salt, to taste
- Olive oil, to cook
How to Make Masala Cheese French Toast
- Herb paste: In a blender make a paste of spring onions, basil, green chillies, coriander and chives.
- Sauce paste: In a bowl mix chilli tomato ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise.
- Egg mixture: In another bowl whisk egg whites with a little salt. Add the herb paste.
- Take a bread slice. Apply the sauce paste and place 2 cheese slices. Place another sauce smothered bread. Repeat. Chill for 2-3 minutes.
- Dip the bread-cheese-sauce sandwich in the egg mixture.
- In a pan add some olive oil and cook the french toast till golden brown on both sides.
- Cut into fingers and serve.
Key Ingredients: mustard powder
, cheese, egg
, spring onion
, green chillies
, coriander leaves
, olive oil