Meen Moilee with Steamed Rice Recipe
Recipe Servings: 2
Kerala style fish in coconut curry, flavored with green chilli, curry leaves and turmeric. Served with steamed rice.
Ingredients of Meen Moilee with Steamed Rice
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp curry leaves
- 2 Tbsp ginger, julienne
- 1 Tbsp green chilli, julienne
- 8 Tbsp onion, sliced
- 10 Tbsp Maggi coconut milk powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 7 Tbsp tomatoes, blanched and chopped
- 6 pieces pomfret fillet, without skin (70-80g each)
- 2 Tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 pinch fine sugar
- Salt to taste
- 8 Tbsp basmati rice
For Plating (optional)
- 1 banana leaf
How to Make Meen Moilee with Steamed Rice
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat coconut oil.
- Add black mustard seeds and urad dal. Fry till dal is golden brown in colour.
- Add curry leaves.
- Add ginger julienne and green chilli julienne.
- Add sliced onion and saute till golden in colour.
- Add coconut milk and turmeric powder.
- Simmer it for 2-3 minutes and add tomato.
- Add fish fillets and simmer for another minute.
- Add chopped coriander and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Key Ingredients: coconut oil
, mustard seeds
, curry leaves
, green chillies
, coconut milk
, coriander leaves
, basmati rice