Mississippi Mud Cake Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
A decadent and creamy mud pie with whiskey, chocolate and coffee. Smothered with a cool peppermint icing.
Ingredients of Mississippi Mud Cake
- 250 gm chopped butter
- 150 gm chopped bitter chocolate
- 400 gm castor sugar
- 250 ml strong black coffee
- 60 ml whisky
- 350 gm flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50 gm cocoa
- 3 beaten eggs
- 200 gm icing sugar
- 4-5 Tbsp hot water
- 2 tsp cream
- Few drops peppermint essence
How to Make Mississippi Mud Cake
- Combine butter, chocolate, coffee and whisky in a bowl. Melt over steam.
- Add sugar. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and cocoa followed by eggs.
- Pour into a greased and lined square tin and bake at 170 degrees C for 1 1/4 hours.
- Cool slightly before turning out.
- Serve dusted with icing sugar or topped with peppermint icing.
For peppermint icing:
- Mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread over the cake.
Key Ingredients: butter
, castor sugar
, baking powder
, icing sugar
, mint leaves