Recipe of Mutton Rezala
Recipe Servings: 4
A Bengali mutton curry made in luscious creamy white gravy. Meat infused with deep, rich flavours of cashews cream, khoya and coconut.
- 1 kg kareli botis
- 1 kg seene ka parcha
- 300 gm white
- 20 gm ginger
- 20 gm garlic
- 12 green cardamoms
- 5 gm white
- 20 gm desiccated coconut
- 50 gm cashew nuts
- 250 gm curd
- 150 gm khoya
- 150 gm cream
- 250 gm ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 drops kewda jal
- 2 drops mitha ittr
- 2 silver leaves
- Salt to taste
How to Make Mutton Rezala
- Wash and clean mutton pieces.
- Blanch in a pan of boiling water, remove
the scum, drain and keep aside.
- Extract the juice of ginger and garlic
and keep aside. Then grind separately onions, cashew nuts and coconut to a
- In a heavy bottomed pan place the mutton, pour enough
water to cover, add salt, green cardamoms and bring to boil, then
- When the meat is half cooked, add the ground onions and the
- Cook until dry. Then add ghee and the beaten
curd, fry till the meat is dry.
- Add the nut paste and coconut and fry
for 2 to 3 minutes, taking care that the masala does not brown.
- Then add white pepper and 1 1/2 cups of water, or enough to cook the
meat for a thick gravy.
- Simmer for a while. Remove from fire add kewra jal, mitha ittr and mashed khoya.
- Blend well. Finally add the cream. Serve hot garnished with silver leaf. Roomali roti is a good accompaniment for this dish.
Key Ingredients: Mutton
, Green Cardamom
, White Pepper
, desiccated Coconut
, Cashew Nuts
, Clarified Butter