Recipe of Mysore Pak
Mysore Pak is a sweet dish of Karnataka, prepared especially during Diwali. Besan, ghee, sugar and water mixed together to form soft pieces.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chick-pea flour
- 2 cups ghee
How to Make Mysore Pak
- Sift the besan and keep ready.
- Dissolve sugar in the water over low heat and once it dissolves, increase the heat, bring to a boil and cook till it reaches a one-thread consistency.
- Add 1 Tbsp of besan and stir to mix well. Continue till all the besan is added, a tablespoon at a time.
- Add the ghee, one tablespoon a time till all of it is used.
- The color and texture will change by now. It will get more brown and crumbly.
- Set in a thali, patting to level.
- Do not remove ghee that may float on top, pat it back.
- Cool, cut and serve.