Recipe of Namkeen Seviyaan
Recipe Servings: 4
Make this quick and easy snack at home which is low on oil with the added crunch of peanuts.
- 2 1/2 cups vermicelli / seviyaan, boiled with a pinch of salt and 2-3 drops of oil
- 1 big onion. chopped finely
- 1 boiled potato, chopped
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds / rai
2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tsp oil
How to Make Namkeen Seviyaan
- In a wok/ kadhai add oil, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Once they splutter, add ginger and garlic. Saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and cook till pink.
- Add potatoes and salt. Cook till the potatoes start to brown a little. Add the roasted peanuts.
- Add the boiled vermicelli. Toss well and serve hot.