Parsi Sev Recipe
An Eid-special sweet treat made with vermicelli, nutmeg, nuts and ghee.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Parsi Sev
- 250 gm vermicelli (sevian)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp nutmeg - powdered
- 1 tsp cardamom - powdered
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chironji
- 1 cup almonds - shredded
- 2 cups ghee
How to Make Parsi SevHideShow Media
1. Heat the ghee in a large kadahi or deep sauce pan and fry the raisins, charoli and almonds, separately and keep aside.
2. In the remaindered ghee add the vermicelli and saute till an aroma emanates and it gets slightly darker.
3. In the meantime, put the sugar, water, nutmeg and cardamom in another pan, over medium heat, stirring off and on till the sugar dissolves and bring to a boil.
4. When the vermicelli is roasted add the sugar syrup and the vanilla and bring to a boil, cover and let cook over low heat till the liquid is absorbed and the sevian are cooked through.
5. The vermicelli strands should be cooked and separate like rice in a pulao.
6. Serve hot garnished with the raisins, charoli and almonds.