Pork Plum Rolls
Recipe Servings: 2
Pork fillets smothered with an aromatic plum sauce, rolled in cling film and steamed. These make for a delicious appetizer.
- For the pork:
- 2 Fillet of pork, wrapped in cling film (Flatten it out with the back of a pan)
- Scallions / spring onions, chopped diagonally, to garnish
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Soy sauce, to drizzle
For the plum sauce:
- 3 plums, pitted and diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1 Tbsp Thai ginger
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- For the plum sauce:
- In a pan add some oil, star anise and cloves.
- Add the plums, little water and brown sugar.
- Cook till the plums are squished and start forming a sauce like consistency.
For the pork:
- Take the fillets and spread the plum sauce on it generously.
- Roll the fillet like a sausage in a cling film.
- Steam for about 15 minutes or till the pork is cooked.
- Take them out and cut it into half. Remove the cling film and secure the roll with a toothpick.
- On a platter scatter finely cut scallions.
- Place the pork plum rolls.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and some soy sauce.
- Top with a small blob of plum sauce.
Key Ingredients: Pork
, spring onions, salt
, pepper, soy sauce, plum
, olive oil
, star anise
, water, brown sugar
, Soya Sauce
, Spring Onion