Nothing spells comfort, on a wintery evening, than a steaming bowl of potato soup.
- 2 cups (200 gm) potatoes-peeled and diced
- 1 cup onions-chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp powdered black pepper
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg-grated
- Grated cheese to garnish
- Ham, optional
- Place potatoes, onions and water in a pan, and cook covered, till potatoes are cooked soft.
- Cool and blend smooth in a blender or pass through a soup strainer.
- Measure liquid back into the saucepan, adding 1 cup milk and water if required.
- Add salt, black pepper, nutmeg and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with the cheese.