Roasted Pumpkin and Eggplant Roulade
A nice melange of eggplants, pumpkin and arbi. Grilled eggplants rolled with a herby pumpkin-arbi filling and baked.
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced
- 250 gm roasted pumpkin
- 250 gm arbi/colocasia, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
- 30 gm spring onion
- 2-3 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp basil, shredded
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Few marjoram leaves
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 big pinch paprika
- 1 big pinch cumin powder
- 2 1/2 Tbsp grated cheese (mozzarella)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cheddar cheese
- 2 1/2 Tbsp chives
- 1 1/2 tsp bread crumbs
- Put sliced eggplant in salted water for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the roasted pumpkin and chop into small cubes.
- Chop the arbi and put it in a bowl with the pumpkin.
- Chop the spring onions in another bowl. Keep these veggies aside.
- Now drain and pat dry the eggplant and squeeze off all the excess water.
- Season the eggplants with salt, pepper, marjoram, oregano leaves and olive oil.
- Grill the eggplants till dark brown.
For the Filling:
- Heat a pan with olive oil.
- Add spring onions, garlic, ginger and saute lightly.
- Add the roasted pumpkin and arbi to the same pan and saute some more.
- Add basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary to the sauteed vegetables.
- Now add salt, mustard and pepper to the vegetables and mix well.
- Add the cheese to this now.
- Once the eggplants are grilled nice and brown place a spoon full of the above filling on the eggplants and roll into a nice eggplant roll.
- Coat a cast iron dish with some olive oil and neatly arrange the eggplant rolls.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and some oil.
- Put it in the oven for about 10 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: eggplant
, spring onion
, mustard powder
, olive oil
, cumin seeds
, mozzarella cheese
, cheddar cheese