Recipe of Seekh Kebab
Recipe Servings: 5
Succulent skewered lamb kebabs that go perfect with some hari chutney and onion ringlets.
- 1 kg hind leg of lamb-boneless
- 4 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black cardamom seeds-powdered
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 tsp black cumin seeds
- 1 1/4 saffron, ground with some water or milk
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves-chopped finely
- 1 tsp dry mint leaves
How to Make Seekh Kebab
- Chop the meat coarsely with a meat chopper on a hard wooden board.
- While chopping, add the red chilli powder and the salt.
- Continue to chop the meat, turning it over with hands dipped in ice-cold water until the red chillies and salt are well mixed.
- Collect the chopped meat in a dish and refrigerate in the freezer for an hour. Remove the chopped meat from the freezer and mix well. Then pass it through a mincing machine twice.
- Add the black cardamom powder, eggs, black cumin seeds, saffron, coriander and dry mint leaves. Blend it well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal-sized portions and keep aside on a greased tray.
- Moisten hands with ice-cold water and mould one portion around a skewer, pressing and shaping it to the size of a 6" long sausages.
- Moisten hands again and smoothen the surface of the kebab.
- Roast it over a low charcoal fire, turning the skewer frequently until the kebab is reddish brown all over.
- Repeat the procedure till all the kebabs are done.