How To Make Haleem Ke Kebab
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Haleem Ke Kebab Recipe | Kebab Recipe: Give your taste buds a treat with these tender and succulent meat and dal kebabs.
Ingredients of Haleem Ke Kebab
- 1/2 Cup burghul (cracked wheat), soaked
- 1/2 cup urad dal, soaked
- 1/2 cup matar dal (yellow split peas), soaked
- 1/2 cup moong dal, soaked
- 500 gram mutton chops
- 2 tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp saffron strands
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1/2 cup besan
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp salt
How to Make Haleem Ke Kebab
- 1.Pressure cook overnight soaked burghul and dals together with ginger, garlic, mutton chops and enough water to cover it all.
- 2.Using tongs, transfer meat to a large plate, reserving dal in cooking liquid. Let it cool.
- 3.When cool enough to handle, remove bones from meat and discard. Finely grind and set aside.
- 4.Heat ghee in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add green chillies, saffron and spices along with salt, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- 5.Cook for a minute and then add chaat masala followed by reserved dal mixture and ground mutton.
- 6.Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Blend the whole mixture into a fine paste
- 7.Now add besan to the paste and mix well. Apply oil on your palm and divide haleem into small tikki like balls. Pan fry the tikkis over medium heat.
- 8.Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: burghul (cracked wheat), urad dal, matar dal (yellow split peas), moong dal, mutton chops, garlic, ginger, ghee, saffron strands, coriander powder, cumin powder, chaat masala, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, besan, chaat masala, salt