Simple Chicken Cordon Bleu
Recipe Servings: 4
Chicken breast rolled with a slice of ham and cheese, dipped in egg and bread crumbs, baked just right.
- 4 chicken breast - skinless and boneless
- 4 slices cheese
- 4 thin slices of ham
- 1 cup all-purpose flour/maida
- 1 egg - beaten
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- A greased baking dish
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- Black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano/2 tbsp fresh oregano
- Slit the chicken breasts, lenghtwise and pound to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Keeping the smooth side down, place the a slice of ham over each chicken breast and then a slice of cheese.
- Roll up each breast using toothpicks to secure if necessary.
- Dredge each in flour, shake off excess, then roll again in egg and finally in bread-crumbs.
- Place seam side down in the baking dish. Place one tbsp of butter on each piece of chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or till the juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine broth and whipping cream.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic and oregano.
- Simmer on low and keep stirring till it becomes thick.
- Pour it over the chicken and serve.
Key Ingredients: chicken
, cheddar cheese
, all purpose flour
, chicken stock
, Black pepper