Recipe Servings: 4
Batter coated prawns fried crisp golden.
- 5-6 prawns
- asparagus/bell pepper - optional
- 1/2 a bowl of Tempura flour/rice flour
- ice water for the batter
- a plate of dry flour for coating
- oil for deep frying
- For the Tempura Sauce
- 1/2 cup Soya sauce
- 4 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp mirin (optional)
- Take a bowl and mix the flour with the ice water.
- Whisk it slowly till it becomes a liquid batter.
- Heat oil in a deep pan on high heat.
- Dip the prawns first in the dry flour then in the batter and fry them till golden brown.
- For the sauce, pour the Soya sauce in a pan, add the sugar and mirin.
- Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Serve the prawns with the sauce.