Recipe of White Chocolate Parfait with Berry Compote
Recipe Servings: 2
Smooth and creamy, this white chocolate parfait is just the dessert to dig into when sweet cravings kick in. Top it up with a delicious berry compote and indulge.
- 200ml milk
- 600ml double cream
- 75gm sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, scraped and de-seeded
- 1 Tbsp gelatin, softened in 2 Tbsp luke warm water
- 100gm white chocolate, chopped
How to Make White Chocolate Parfait with Berry Compote
- Heat milk, cream, sugar and vanilla in a saucepan on a medium flame, stirring continuously. The mixture shouldn't boil.
- Add the gelatin and whisk until it has dissolved.
- Reduce the flame, and gradually add the white chocolate, a little bit at a time, until it has all melted into the mixture. Whisk well and then pass the mixture through a fine sieve.
- Pour the mixture into desired moulds, and let it cool a little before placing it in the refrigerator. Let it set for about 4 hours or more.
- For the berry compote, heat the berries and sugar in a saucepan, stirring continuously until you achieve a sauce like consistency. Let it cool and pour it on the parfait before serving.