Fruits & veggies that make your skin glow
IANS | Updated: May 23, 2014 12:05 IST
Don't let dry chilly weather rob your skin and hair of their glow and shine. Look in your kitchen for carrots, pumpkin seeds and pineapple to enhance your appearance.
Huffingtonpost.com shares a list of foods that can work in favour of your looks:
- Carrots: Carrots have a high amount of beta-carotene, the precursor for vitamin A, among the common vegetables. Vitamin A is necessary for shiny and healthy hair and scalp.
- Pumpkin seeds: They are excellent source of zinc, sulphur and vitamin A. These help in building strong hair.
- Leafy greens: Be sure to eat beauty foods high in silica, which include leafy green vegetables, as well as a wide range of plant foods high in minerals and vitamins to grow strong, healthy nails.
- Pineapple: It promotes efficient digestion, which is what soft beautiful skin is dependent on. Pineapple is also high in vitamin C, which helps in the formation of collagen, a protein that helps grow new skin and blood vessels.
- Bananas: Lack of beauty sleep is a big contributor to dark under-eye circles, and bananas are rich in vitamin B6, which helps ward off irritability and insomnia, as well as magnesium, which promotes better sleep patterns.
For the latest food news, health tips and recipes, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and YouTube.