While the street side chai ki dukaan stil manages to dominate as India's favourite adda, but don't you think that our very dear cup of tea also deserves the same attention treatment as the upscale cafes has given to our favourite coffees? Considering the humungous popularity of the beverage in the nation, it has taken quite long for the tea to travel from the humble chai ka thela to the fancy outlets dedicated solely to tea and its several avatars. And slowly but steadily, we are fast seeing the growth of tea places, selling various infusions of teas and light snacks. Bengaluru sure has some of the most enviable lot of them. Here are 5 tea places in Bengaluru that you must try, if you call yourself a true tea-lover.
1. Infinitea Tea Room and Tea storeFrom Oolongs to exotic herbal and fruity blends, Darjeeling to Assam, Green teas to white, flower teas to standard Kadhak chai- Infinitea has them all. Their exhaustive range of savouries and desserts are no less laud worthy either. Nachos, chicken parmigiana, Belgian dark chocolate cake are some of the most popular picks. And that's not all the café has to offer, if somewhere down the line you wish you could sneak in some of their beautiful crockery, then don't lose heart. You can also purchase tea leaves and accessories on your way out. As we said a place for true tea lovers!Where:26, ESI Hospital Road, HAL 2nd Stage, 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar
Cost For Two: INR 2000
2. ChaipattyIf their kadak chai is not enough, Chaipatty's vibrant décor and cutesy stools and tables are sure to turn your bad day into a slightly bearable one. Amongst the 'must-haves' here is Kulhad chai, Masala chai, Iced Tea, cheese balls, chicken sausages and grilled sandwich.Where:772, 2nd Floor, Near 12th Main Signal, 100 Feet Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore
Cost For Two: INR 450
3. Chai pointThe dozen Chai Points spread across the city, is bringing happiness in little cups and kulhads and we cant be more grateful. Ginger, masala, dum and iced, Chai point has something for all chai lovers. The range of light savouries in Poha, Samosa, Masala Peanuts, Masala Daliya, makes the experience all the more delightful. Where: Multiple Outlets
Cost For Two: INR 200
4. Tea BrewThe picture perfect tea room is a sight from your favourite Victorian novel. The cute kettles holding the most standard to most exotic range of tea is sure to impress any tea lover in the house. Kesaria chai, gud ki chai, Kulhad Assam, Kashmiri Kahwa, Macha, Sencha, Strawberry blush, Jasmine pearl, and Peach tranquility are some of the most popular beverages from the long list. The place is also open for breakfast. Momos, Paneer Sandwich, Veg Club Sandwich, pasta are sure to leave you licking your fingers.Where:172, 2nd Cross Road, Indiranagar Double Road, Indiranagar, Bangalore
Cost For Two: INR 550
5. My Tea HouseMy tea house has a special range of teas dedicated to the medicinal infusions, made in keeping the age old Ayurvedic wisdom in mind. The exquisite oolong, jasmine, peppermint and green mint also makes for some of the most loved beverages at My tea room. The beautiful tea room also has the best of the best sourced from different parts of the worlds such as Russia, Ceylon, Taiwan, Vietnam,Siam, Nepal and Taiwan. The ever so aromatic surrounds of the place is every tea-lovers dream come true.Where: 126, KHB Colony, 1st 'A' Cross, Jyoti Nivas College Road, Koramangala 5th Block, Bangalore Cost For Two:INR 650
In a mood of catching up with your friends or just snuggle in the corner with a book, these artful tea room with cups filled with tea brewed just the way you like it, are a chai-lovers haven.