- Cottage cheese – 100gms
- Khoya – 50gms
- Broken cashew nuts – 1 tbsp
- Powdered mace – 1/2tsp
- Chopped raisins – 1 tbsp
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- Chopped green chillies – 1tsp
- Chopped ginger – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
How To Stuff The Potatoes:
- Parboil the potatoes, slice off the top and scoop out the inner part.
- Peel roughly and grill till golden on all sides in a coal stove on low heat.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned in the filling list together.
- Stuff the potatoes with the filling and press in tightly with fingers and keep aside.
Ingredients For Gravy:
- Chopped onions – 1 large
- Tomato puree – 1 large cup
- Beaten curd – 3/4cup
- Crushed ginger garlic – 1 tsp
- Cashew paste – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Fresh cream – 1 cup
How To Make Gravy:
- Heat oil and fry the onions till brown.
- Add ginger garlic, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, salt and fry well.
- Pour in the cashew paste, fry well for a minute.
- Pour in the beaten curd and cook well till raw smell goes and the gravy thickens to a paste.
- Pour in the tomato puree and continue cooking till raw flavour goes, about 15 minutes.
- Pour some of the fresh cream and mix in, simmer for a minute and your gravy is ready.
- Arrange the potatoes in a bowl and pour in the gravy on top.
- Place a small piece of burning coal and close for a minute to give smoky flavour.
- Dress with fresh cream, garnish with coriander leaves.
Dum Aloo Lakhnavi Recipe
Kashmiri Dum Aloo Recipe
Aloo Dum RecipeYour delicious Banarasi dum aloo is ready. Serve it hot with roti or kachori. Here is a video link for you on how to make a brilliant Banarasi dum aloo.
Disclaimer:The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.