How To Make Dum Aloo
Recipe Servings: 6
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Dum Aloo Recipe: Deep fried potatoes stirred in dry curry made with cardamom, masala paste and yogurt. This dum aloo is the perfect lunch recipe to try at home!
Ingredients of Dum Aloo
- 1/2 Kg potatoes, medium
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- 2 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp saunth
- 1 tsp saunf powder
- 2 Green cardamom
- 2-3 tbsp curd
- to taste salt
How to Make Dum Aloo
- 1.Cut the potatoes in half, deep fry them and keep aside.
- 2.Prick the potatoes with a toothpick and keep aside.
- 3.Mix all the dry powders in a bowl. Add enough water to the bowl to make a paste.
- 4.Heat the oil in a pan and add the cardamom. Pour in the paste and stir for about 4-5 minutes.
- 5.Add the potatoes and mix well. Then mix in the curd.
- 6.Cover and cook for five minutes. Serve hot with rice.
Key Ingredients: potatoes, Oil, Water, Kashmiri red chilli powder, garam masala, saunth, saunf powder, Green cardamom, curd, salt