How To Make Kashmiri Dum Aloo
Recipe Servings: 6
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Kashmiri Dum Aloo Recipe: A Kashmiri delicacy that now be recreated in your kitchen with ease. Fried potatoes cooked in luscious spices.
Ingredients of Kashmiri Dum Aloo
- 750 gms potatoes, small
- Oil (for frying)
- 50 gms red chilli powder
- 5 gram asafoetida
- 30 gms cardamom powder
- 150 gms yogurt
- 50 gms fennel powder
- 25 gms dry ginger
- to taste salt
- 50 ml ghee
How to Make Kashmiri Dum Aloo
- 1.Boil the potatoes and pierce them with a toothpick or a fork.
- 2.Heat oil and fry the potatoes on a medium flame until they are slightly brown, drain and keep aside.
- 3.Heat ghee, add asafoetida, add the other spices and stir thoroughly.
- 4.Whip the yogurt. Add the yogurt and mix.
- 5.Add rest of the ingredients and saute for 2 minutes. Sprinkle a little water while sauteing the ingredients.
- 6.Add some more water to make the gravy and let it cook for about 10 minutes till gravy thickens.
Key Ingredients: potatoes, Oil (for frying), red chilli powder, asafoetida, cardamom powder, yogurt, fennel powder, dry ginger, salt, ghee