Weekends call for special meals! It's that time of the week when we want to take our taste buds on a joy ride. And, most importantly, we prefer not to count on calories. Did we hear relatable? So if you are someone who loves to binge-eat during the weekends then this recipe is for you. Best part? It includes eggs. We are talking about anda tawa pulao. The ultimate combination of rice and eggs makes this one all the more delicious. You can team this pulao dish with some roasted papads and a bowlful of raita. Recipe? Chef Sanjeev Kapoor has shared it on Instagram.
(Also read: Weekend Special: Make This Lip-Smacking Keema Naan For An Indulgent Weekend Meal)
Here you go:
2) Salt to taste
3) Oil - 2 tablespoons
4) Butter - 2 tablespoons
5) Ginger - garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
6) Red chilli paste - 1 tablespoon
7) Onion - 1 (Finely chopped)
8) Tomato- 1 (Finely chopped)
9) Red chilli powder - 1 tablespoon
10) Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
11) Turmeric powder - 1/2 tablespoon
12) Pav bhaji masala - 1 tablespoon
13) Capsicum - 1 - (Finely chopped)
14) Boiled eggs (4)
15) Cooked basmati rice - 3 cups
16) Coriander leaves
(Also read: Kunal Kapur's No-Bake Chocolate Cake Is Perfect For A Weekend Binge, Recipe Inside)
Here's the procedure to make anda tawa pulao:
1) Take a bowl and beat about four eggs with some salt in it.
2) Now, in a separate pan, heat some oil and butter. Add ginger and garlic paste and red chilli paste. Saute for a couple of minutes.
3) Throw the finely chopped onions and saute them until it all turns translucent. It's time to put the chopped tomatoes into the pan. Keep mixing it until it turns soft and pulpy. After this, you have to add all the mentioned spices one by one including red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala and saute for a minute.
4) You can add 1/4th cup of water and cook it for a couple of minutes more. Mix the beaten eggs. Add finely chopped capsicum as well and cook for about a minute. Now, take four boiled eggs and cut them into pieces and add them to the preparation.
5) Now, you can mix the cooked rice and blend it all well. Garnish the dish with some fresh coriander leaves and mix well. Squeeze some lime also if you want. You can take more boiled eggs for garnishing and your anda tawa pulao is ready.
Take a look:
Hope you have a great meal with this recipe.