"Breakfast is the most important meal of the day." We have been listening to this since time immemorial and yet many of us skip it because of the time-pressed mornings. We understand cooking a wholesome breakfast in the morning can be a tedious process but skipping can result in a myriad of health-related problems, for example weight gain, obesity, high blood pressure, and more. Hence, it is important to consume a healthy and nutritious breakfast in the morning to keep all these problems at bay. A good breakfast in the morning does not always have to be time-consuming. There are recipes galore that are quick, healthy yet very delicious. Here we bring you one such recipe - Banarasi Chura Matar.
Also Read: Do You Enjoy Baking? Then Take Note Of These 5 Tips By Chef Pankaj Bhadouria
This easy-peasy recipe is shared by chef Pankaj Bhadouria on her Instagram. In the caption, she wrote, "An ideal breakfast is light, healthy, nourishing and this Banarasi Chura Matar fits the bill perfectly." Besides being healthy and quick, this recipe is also very delicious. Trust us, once you try this you will make it time and again. Without further ado, let's get into the recipe video.
Banarasi Chura Matar Recipe: How To Make Banarasi Chura Matar Recipe
- To begin with the recipe, take a large mixing bowl, add 1 cup of poha and wash with water. Drain the water and add 1/4 cup milk, salt to taste and 1/2 tsp sugar. Mix it up and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat desi ghee in a pan, add cumin seeds, chopped green chillies, finely chopped ginger, matar and let it cook.
- Once cooked, add garam masala, black pepper powder, and mix again.
- Now, add the poha and mix it properly with the masala mixture.
- Top it with lemon juice and coriander leaves.
Now that you know the perfect Banarasi Chura Matar recipe, try it out and let us know how it turned out!